Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Book suggestions?  (Read 5164 times)

MaddyK820

• Donator
    • View Profile
Book suggestions?
« on: July 10, 2016, 03:32:55 AM »
So I may have mentioned once or twice that I'm obbsessed with reading and I'm currently going through withdrawals,I have nothing to read!! And I know there are some of y'all who are book nerds, here's me requesting for you to come to me. We can be book nerds together. Like please, that would be great.

But anywayyyyyyyy I'm looking for suggestions? I've also been told by some people *cough cough* courtney *cough cough* that I read too much Romance, but whatever. I mean hey, If I can't have a relationship why not read about it? It makes it a little better..... no no it doesn't actually worse. Which is why I'm trying to switch it up a little and read a little something different. And I realize as I'm writing this that most of you guys are adults meaning your reading books I probably shouldn't read. But oh well, if its a little violent its chill, I've seen walking dead.

Okay so before I go off topic, I'm going to get to my point, if any of you guys have series (and no courtney harry potter doesn't count) or just a book in general lemme know because like I said, I'm going through withdrawels. And I got a library card thats begging to be used again..... [Insert when you have no life meme]

okay thats all
thx
-Maddy

Canine

• Donator
  • Use what you got to get what you want.
    • View Profile
Re: Book suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 03:45:03 AM »
Um lets see...
Ever read Kevin Brooks stuff? Or Sharon Draper? :p what are you into so I can helps you better
Se potete leggere questo, buon per te! Se non ? possibile, allora perch? stai mentendo?

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:36:45 AM »
You could read the Eragon series. The movie was meh, but the books are kinda cool
Another cool series is 'Temeraire' which is about dragon riders in the Napoleonic war, which is also a very good read.

Of course you have to be into fantasy books to like both of these series.

krxsk

• Somewhat Photographer
  • Donator
  • Formerly CatchingCrowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:54:33 AM »
You should check out H.P. Lovecraft books if you're interested in reading horror fiction, dark fantasy, and mostly whatever relates to what I just stated. My friend told me it's pretty great and I'm going to be reading it once she's done. ;P

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 06:56:00 AM »
Sword of Truth series, Wheel of Time series, Heralds of Valdemar/Velgarth Series. These are all fantasy book series. 
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

NeonLove

• Donator
  • Post Haec Verba, "After these words"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 07:22:15 AM »
I suggest The Mortal instruments series or Goosebumps. I'm basically reading a series at the moment called Alone.

Jzargo

• #smokesk00maeveryday
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 07:44:42 AM »
You should check out H.P. Lovecraft books if you're interested in reading horror fiction, dark fantasy, and mostly whatever relates to what I just stated. My friend told me it's pretty great and I'm going to be reading it once she's done. ;P
Howard Lovecraft's books are pretty heavy and hard to read, especially for people whose first language isn't English. Be careful with those :P

P.S. but they're still an excellent read
Bind us all together,
ablaze with hope and free;
 No storm or heavy weather,
will rock the boat, you'll see;
 The time has come to close your eyes,
and still the wind and rain..

Frostemort

• Donator
  • "Something Cool."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 04:48:53 AM »
You could read the Eragon series. The movie was meh, but the books are kinda cool
Another cool series is 'Temeraire' which is about dragon riders in the Napoleonic war, which is also a very good read.

Of course you have to be into fantasy books to like both of these series.

The Inheritance Series is amazing. +1
Yes. I was born on April Fools.

ace91134

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:51:11 PM »
I'd say the hunger games books if you haven't read them yet

Epicnata

• Donator
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »
i quite liked the H.I.V.E series by Mark Walden
An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, eve the desire to do good can lead some down that path/. But only you can change yourself

enderaptor

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
H.P. Lovecraft is the Cthulhu guy?
i gotta find his books somewhere o: dunno if they're being sold here tho
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossble to achieve: The fear of failure.

LilCharlie

• Donator
  • Remember you are unique, just like everyone else.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »
If you are into history stuff, I read the whole Conqeror series by Conn Iggulden. The best series I ever read.

enderaptor

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:36 PM »
oh, forgot and i'm too lazy to edit:
as for my suggestions, i read Jules Vernes, Victor Hugo, Hector Malot's " Nobody's Boy", really like it (those three are french writers btw),Paulo Coelho's are pretty good too.
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossble to achieve: The fear of failure.

Tipsytea

• Donator
  • Bun Buns! U(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)U
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
I really like zombies and romance (like between survivors), and when I found the White rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter it had both those things.