Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Temporary Transition World?  (Read 6768 times)

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
Poll: Temporary Transition World?
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
Heya SentinelCrafters,

At the time when I'm writing this new poll, the results on the old poll are getting clearer every day. The majority of the players voted for 'Yes' to updating the server with 40 to 6.
Because of this fairly big difference we're already putting out this new poll to see what the players want during our transition to the new world.
However, nothing is certain yet! If the first polls ends up being 40 to 41 things can go a very different way than described in this topic.

Currently there are 2 options:
  • A temporary transition world, where the staff will test out new plugins & permissions. You can be a part of it and in the meantime play on the map.
  • No temporary world so you can focus on finishing your last things on Pern. When we update, the new plugins and permissions would be tested already by staff and you can directly start playing on the new/final map.

Let us know what you want! This poll will end on the same day as the previous one.

~Sentinel's Staff

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
Re: Poll: Temporary Transition World?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:50:12 PM »
Alright. I am unlocking this topic, Id like to open the floor for those who DON'T want to use a temp world. Please explain why.
I would like to spend the next few days talking it out, since it is such a close vote I don't want to alienate half of the playerbase and move too soon. Maybe we can come up with a middle ground, such as waiting until a specific date so everyone can get the things they want done.
-- Fedgar

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 10:55:34 PM »
I voted no because I have an event related to the Halloween that I'd like to finish and do before October ends. At least for me, the server should remain the same until the first week of November or kinda because of the festivities.
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!

foxpatronus

• Donator
  • Live and let live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 11:12:10 PM »
I voted yes because I'm eager to start testing on the new, updated server. I, personally, have nothing much of value in Pern to adjust before the transition occurs. However, I am sensitive to the fact that a lot of dedicated players have a lot of history in this world and have a lot to prep, so I think a specified future date would be good.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:13:45 PM by foxpatronus »

Pearlyglow

• Donator
  • Hey ho, I love bunnies and Chocolate! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 11:55:21 PM »
I voted no because again like Dante mentioned there are events needing completion. If the temporary server is put in place then it will cause delays for the events causing loss of interest from players. Beside that I've noticed a lot of players are trying to complete unfinished builds before the update occurs. If the temporary server runs before the update some players may not get to finish. It would be nice for everything to be completed properly before the update occurs.
I love bunnies and chocolate! Feed me chocolate and I will be a happy bunny ;D

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:06:08 AM »
I voted no because I would like to play when the world is 100% ready.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:56:01 AM by Joel »

Ruto

• Donator
  • A little slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 01:31:21 AM »
I voted no for similar reasons already stated, primarily because I and I'm sure lots of other players would like time to finish up some long-term projects and/or clean up our towns. I like the idea of announcing an end date so that there's plenty of warning before the transition, as well as time to plan everything out in terms of finishing builds.
IGN: MiryanaRuto
Eli made my avatar!

Dankshadow1001

• Donator
  • R.I.P Lionmart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 06:37:34 AM »
I voted no as i don't want to make temporary builds on a temporary server. I would prefer being on pern and finishing my unfinished builds there before the update.

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 06:49:40 AM »
The last temp world was funny for a weekend. After that I got bored knowing it wont be saved. I wanna finish some things on the old server, I prefer to do that.
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

SpaceLemons

• Donator
  • Sarma, sarma and only sarma.
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 11:55:48 AM »
I personally would like to finish my goodbyes with pern and I don't want a world until it's completely ready.
Custodis

BrendaxNL

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »
I voted no because I'd rather have a world where I can directly start from the beginning with finding my new place instead of having to mess around for a few days waiting for plugins to be fully finished and then start. Working on plugins behind the scenes sounds better to me.
Smile more, it suits you (:

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 04:20:45 PM »
Even if I am a Hoster, I have been an alpha/beta tester of games before. I see more value in helping to test the plugins, than to keep the old world. However, it would also mean it messes up with out Halloween event we have been planning directly after we finished the beach party.

On the other hand, the faster we have an updated server, the faster we can have events up again, with rewards and all. That in itself, could be worth it. Also, the faster we have a newer server up, the earlier people come back. I am at a twofold right now, with slightly leaning to the test server.

Maybe another option could be, a secondary server for those willing to test things out?

Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

Aredus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
I voted no, because I would like to play on the new world when it's finished.
(I decided to stay after a long thinking, but less active)

Eddinator

• :L waw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 03:59:58 PM »
I voted YES because I am thrilled to play on the new world and leave the current world because obviously well have much things to explore :D  ;D
such wow much skill ...