Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Xaero's Minimap Fair Play Edition ~ Approved  (Read 5655 times)

Rhovandir

• Donator
  • Your Friendly Redstone Engineer
    • View Profile
Xaero's Minimap Fair Play Edition ~ Approved
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »
Name of the mod:Xaero's Minimap

Url about it: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2379024-xaeros-minimap-forge-1-11-2-1-11-1-10-2-1-10-1-9-4

Why do you think it should be allowed:
its a good minimap, gives the ability to set waypoint so one doesnt have to memorize all the important locations, has a very vanilla look and has all the features one like bout maps.

Edit by AMNOTBANANAAMA: This version of the mod is NOT approved on the server, scroll to the bottom for the link to the approved version.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:41:43 PM by amnotbananaama »

Richgotya

• Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Xaero's Minimap
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
denied it has slime chunks entity tracking cave mapping ect using this can result in a ban use dynmap if you wanna see the map

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:36:59 PM »
We used to have Rei's Minimap as an allowed mod, as you can see here. However it became unsupported, was hijacked, and, as a consequence, it contains added features that we do not allow. This mod is very similar to those hijacked versions of Rei's Minimap.

From what we know, currently there is no good minimap mod, however we suggest you use Dynmap since it pretty much updates quickly, shows your claim and builds, including in 3D, and shows your location, which are pretty much the features we allow if there was a decent minimap mod for our server.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Rhovandir

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
Welp, was worth a try, now i can just hope that journeymaps fairplay version might get approved at some point

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »
Welp, was worth a try, now i can just hope that journeymaps fairplay version might get approved at some point
If you actually looked into that mod's website, it needs a server side plugin to control the player features. And for that reason we pretty much did not answer the topic because we do not need another plugin for what Dynmap can do for us.

However, you seem to ignore our suggestion:
From what we know, currently there is no good minimap mod, however we suggest you use Dynmap since it pretty much updates quickly, shows your claim and builds, including in 3D, and shows your location, which are pretty much the features we allow if there was a decent minimap mod for our server.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:58:47 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:57:25 AM »
Actually, journeymap fairplay disables all feats on a server but waypoints and mapping. This was tested by me on a private server before I made the topic. But there is no way to check if one uses fairplay or not. Maybe that plugin was for those without fairplay, to block some thing.

Anyway, since there was no reply, those who wanted a minimap back then were out of luck, which was what I expected. I personally use homes and dynmap for things myself, if I venture out. Dynmap shows more area so easier to orientate.
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

Rhovandir

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 03:43:08 AM »
I'm not ignoring your suggestions, i know dynmap is a good alternative, but I was to many times way to close to dyeing bc i was on dynmap trying to find a place i saw earlier. Plus minimap waypoint are great for measuring long distances (100+ blocks), which i have yet to see a client only mod for...

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
Or you know you could actually go /afk then switch tabs. That's an option so you don't die.

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Xaero's Minimap FAIRPLAY EDITION ONLY ~ Approved
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »
This minimap mod was originally denied due to the unfair advantages it had. Since then, the features have changed, and it is okay to use the Fair Play edition of this mod ONLY. The regular version of this mod is NOT allowed on the server, and you will be punished if you are discovered using it.

You can download Xaero's Minimap Mod (Fair Play Edition) here: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/xaeros-minimap-fair-play-edition/