Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Skyblock is back to SentinelCraft!  (Read 8684 times)

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Skyblock is back to SentinelCraft!
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
Skyblock has returned to SentinelCraft after the 1.10 update!

Begin a new Skyblock island with /is and start leveling up and expanding your land!
To enable the island control panel, do /is cp on.
Once that is turned on, you can access the control panel with /is at any time.

While you can still create player shops in the skyblock world with
Trade signs and the new WELCOME signs,
the Skyblock minishop is a newly added feature and can be accessed with /is ms.
Using these shops in the Skyblock world will pull money from a separate Skyblock balance.

Whether you want to play solo or in a team of four (/is team),
Skyblock offers a range of /challenges for you to work on without the help of McMMO!

Skyblock has openned for Senior Member+ today and will open for all the community in May 1.

Have fun!
;D
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

HvPanda

• HvJoeri
  • Donator
  • Start the day with a smile.
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: Skyblock is back to SentinelCraft!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »
awesome :D
Market
<a href="https://discord.gg/SpFtGavvQr">
Shops & Mobs

raptordude

• Sup! Hope you all are having an amazing day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »
yay sky block is back, new adventures await us all.
Look towards the sunshine, and the shadows will fall behind you.

Asami0812

• Guess which am I in my DP?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
YES! I've been waiting for thisss...   ;D ;D ;D
SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED A HIGH-FIVE.
in the face. with a chair.

SherlockH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:50:57 PM »
May 1st D:

just to clarify, does that mean we now have 2 balances seaparately for sb and overworld unlike the old times?
and how bout mcmmo levels xD
Poppies are red
Diamonds are blue
This poem does not rhyme
<-- give me a <3

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:37 PM »
just to clarify, does that mean we now have 2 balances seaparately for sb and overworld unlike the old times?
and how bout mcmmo levels xD

2 balances and no McMMO on Skyblock world.

enderaptor

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »

McMMO on Skyblock world.
bummer :/
still great having skyblock back
There is only one thing that makes a dream impossble to achieve: The fear of failure.

Hirokashii

• Donator
  • Some memories can never be replaced.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 05:33:56 PM »
I'm really love this!  <3
I hope someday you will join us.

LordTiger89

• Donator
  • Be patience and smart don't push others
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 10:14:55 PM »
is there a way for restart your sb /is reset amount?
or to have a "one last chance" to play sb from the beggining?
i restarted 3 times
and all for losing the lava
by my mistake and for others mistake
can i aply for a last chance?
The Little Prince Bedtime Story

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »
is there a way for restart your sb /is reset amount?
or to have a "one last chance" to play sb from the beggining?
i restarted 3 times
and all for losing the lava
by my mistake and for others mistake
can i aply for a last chance?

When you lose the lava you can right click the obsidian with a bucket, if it still doesn't work, just reply here saying it doesn't work and I'll let you reset more times.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:56:06 PM by Migas »

LordTiger89

• Donator
  • Be patience and smart don't push others
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the fast help Migas
if there's a glitch i'll post it
The Little Prince Bedtime Story

derpala

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »
I was hoping the return of skyblock would be the return of skyblock as we knew it.

I was expecting mcmmo and challenges without caps. I can only assume from the other comments this was intentional and is not the experience I was looking for. I don't mean any disrespect or anything like that but I simply cannot put my level of displeasure at this into words.

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 06:18:07 AM »
I was hoping the return of skyblock would be the return of skyblock as we knew it.

I was expecting mcmmo and challenges without caps. I can only assume from the other comments this was intentional and is not the experience I was looking for. I don't mean any disrespect or anything like that but I simply cannot put my level of displeasure at this into words.

We are aware that everyone would not be pleased with the changes. However, we tried to do the best for the community so the players could enjoy their time while playing in the server. We listened to the suggestions (forums and skype) and chose those that appeared more times. Our aim  is to make the game balanced and we believe that this was fulfilled. Don't forget we also added new features like a separate balance, vote money reward on skyblock, free warps and a minishop, offered by the plugin. We also used a nether schematic offered by the plugin since the full nether was exploitable. If you have new suggestions please send me through PM here or on skype.

derpala

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »
it's clear to me we both have different opinions on what I was asking for with the return of skyblock. Unfortunately, the only opinion that matters to me on this is my own. It is unfortunate that you do not know me better, you might have understood before making your response that it would not be acceptable to me. Not that it really matters anymore, because having spent enough time here I know it will not change simply because I wish it to.

Don't forget we also added new features like a separate balance,
really don't care on this one, loss of money was never an issue thanks to essentials signs, anyone that fell off their island with $100k on them got what they deserved. most of my past income was from skyblock challenges, which I then used to buy blocks in pern for redstone projects and whatnot, so really, this isn't a plus for me.

vote money reward on skyblock,
I invite you to review my voting history, if any exists, I vote with my wallet. really theres nothing more cancerous to minecraft in general than vote sites, they promote simply the worst to the top by baiting children with promises of free money, 'keys' and other prizes. this server has long been buried in the bottoms of all the voting list sites and that's not really a bad thing when you consider the quality of player they invite.

free warps
not gonna knock it, given the decision made vs. the nether this had to be done or else somebody would have to be constantly going around setting up warp signs as before. This is really a minor thing that I could have lived without if we were allowed a vanilla nether.

and a minishop offered by the plugin.
aaaand the reason I don't play 4 thousand other skyblock servers is because they're built around the minishop. most don't bother balancing the challenges to promote a natural progression of things, usually they break it further by treating the challenge system as a trophy or medal with the outcome being counterproductive, forcing all advancement through buying and selling to the shop. I did get a chuckle at the 25k diamonds though but really, the right challenge rewards and mcmmo theres no need for a shop.

We also used a nether schematic offered by the plugin since the full nether was exploitable.
one of my favorite things to do with skyblock is gone with this: interconnecting islands over long distances. is it the occasional spawner or fortress loot that is exploitable? or perhaps the uncontrolled access to lava that has you worried? free access to all was the best part, with the plugin model, there is no freedom. players are restricted to their little protected box, the block availability is limited to what you spawn on. I've never seen a spawner generate in this way nor wither skeletons with the plugin model.

The combination of mcmmo and skyblock without an ore generator plugin and competently tweaked challenges was the primary draw for me to this server and what had kept me here for so long, even through slow version updates, poor server performance, temperamental admins/owners and other minor annoyances. Hell, you even got a few bucks out of me, but in the end I know with this configuration I will not be happy.

With that being said, I am hereby announcing my retirement. Effective immediately.
I have already discussed things with some staff and, I am turning my survival stuff over to serpin. No one else has shown as much dedication to quickly teleporting to my loot as he, there are no better hands for the stuff to be in. Please treat him as well as you have treated me over the years.

Thank you.

I will not be available on Skype because I can't be bothered with installing it again.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 02:49:35 PM »
Couple of quick things...

You didn't retire. I retired. You threw a public temper tantrum. There is a difference.

And I say this freely as someone who has worked with these people for years and know what should and should not be said by staff, so I will say it myself.

Don't let the door hit you in the  ass on the way out!

Migas, everyone who worked on Skyblock, excellent job bringing it back while keeping it fun and balanced.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:15:31 PM by Fedgar_Lurch »
-- Fedgar