Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: MET MIGAS IRL - How Sentinelcraft resulted in one of the greatest weeks ever  (Read 6971 times)

calvinpijn

• Donator
    • View Profile
Some of us get inactive, some us come back and from some of us you''ll never hear a thing again. But there's one thing in common: All of us love(d) the server and it's community very much. We made friends from all over the world and made a lot of memories with them. One of the subjects on the server people talk about is meeting up each other in real life. But money and distance and time are a huge problem. But I will be forever thankful for this last week I had.

In case you missed it: Migas visited the Netherlands, which he announced on the forum. But not without reason. I mean, you could visit any country in the whole world, but he chose for The Netherlands to meet me and Fjerreiro in real life. We were looking forward to it for a while and then the week finally came. We were going to meet a person in real life from Sentinelcraft for the second time, after Fedgar's visit last year.

Migas' arrival was a reason for me and Fjerreiro to actually visit things in our country we never went to, even in our own city Rotterdam. At the first day on a thursday, Fjerreiro met up at the airport of Schiphol (Amsterdam) and I met them in the Blaak train station in Rotterdam to bring Migas' stuff to the hostel.

On the friday we made a tour through Rotterdam with me and Fjerreiro as guides. Migas finally saw why Rotterdam was so modern compared to other cities in the country. ''I didn't know the World War II bombings affected this city so much'', he said. In between these awful history, there also was some brightness. Literally. The weather in the Netherlands had been crap with grey skies for three months in a row. It was like Migas just ordered some sun on his week here.

During the third day, we went for a tour in our home town: Barendrecht. We showed our houses and our old highschool. Then we went to see the famous windmills in Kinderdijk. These typical Dutch landscapes were such a difference for us, after visiting a big city. We even made this Portuguese guy wear clogs. Imagine it with your own fantasy, it must be a good picture.

Then it was time to visit Amsterdam. The image of the city being a weed city was confirmed: it was the first thing we smelled when arriving at the station there. Good entrance. Very crowded compared to all the other places we went,but we visited on Sunday. Luckily, it didn't take long for him to see Amsterdam is a nice city known for other things as well. And again, there was a reason for me and Fjerreiro to visit stuff we never went to. The Rijksmuseum known for the paintings of Rembrandt van Rijn and we actually went on a boat trip  through the canals in Amsterdam to watch the city from another perspective.

On this monday morning Fjerreiro and me were both busy so Migas decided to visit Delft. For those who don't know: Brenda lives near Delft. And yes, they both met up as well. According to Migas: ''Brenda is actually exactly the same in person as online''. When asking Brenda about the meeting she says: ''My meeting with Migas was actually pretty spontaneous, he'd mentioned that he was visiting Delft on Monday but I didn't think I'd have the guts to go and say hello! I realised that this was an once in a lifetime opportunity and I just went, no regrets at all! We had a nice chat about the things he'd done in the Netherlands so far & Migas showed me pictures of his trip! We then had some small gossip and of course took a picture''.

In the afternoon we went to the beach of Scheveningen. If you're not Dutch or able to speak Dutch, try to pronounce that name of the beach. I also recommend some honey for your throat. Migas also made a joke saying he would build a replica of the famous Kurhaus hotel for Fjerreiro's birthday.

That same day in the evening we went to a Malaysian restaurant next to the football stadium, Fjerreiro and me did a challenge to eat as much dishes as we could, since it was 'all you can eat', while Migas just went for a dish from the card. The idea to go bowling after the eating was a bad idea, since Fjerreiro's and my belly were like a bowlingball as well. And so Migas won two out of three games, while Fjerreiro won one. I was second all the time.

Then the last day already began. We planned to visit the cheese museum in the famous cheese city of Gouda. Unfortunately the museum was closed, so we visited the biggest church I ever saw in a small city like Gouda, the Sint-Jan.

After that, Migas' dream finally came true as he was invited to go skiing with Fjerreiro. It was a perfect end of activities on this amazing week.

Since Fjerreiro needed to go to work, Migas and I spent our last night by dining and drinking beer together.

I had to work at wednesday morning and Fjerreiro went to Schiphol again to bring Migas to the airport. After about 9 hours of traveling, Migas arrived at his home town and the week officially ended.

This week with Migas made me realise how beautiful this server is. Without the community I would never be able to meet this amazing guy. And same for Fedgar last year. It also made me decide to make a serious comeback to Sentinelcraft again. Because friendships and beautiful stories are being made there. I hope to see all of you reading this online again soon to make the server great again as it was to maybe make similar stories as we did!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:07:11 PM by Migas »

Eagler1997

• Lord of the lions
  • Donator
  • Becoming a warrior is not a simple task.
    • View Profile
Make the server great again. I am also willing to meet up with people just contact me.

foxpatronus

• Donator
  • Live and let live.
    • View Profile
Thank you for writing this. Reading it made me very happy! Sounds like an incredible week <3

jonnyrock

• Donator
    • View Profile
This looks like so much fun!

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
I have so much to say, and already expressed it to them, but I'll sum it up in four words:

Thank you for everything.

:)
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
What a wonderful read. I'm so happy you three had the chance to meet up and I hope that in the future we will see alot more of these, because this community has its own magic of bringing us close.  <3 3 years of yelling at them to invite you skiing finally paid off haha!

DanteVentura

• Journalist / Hoster
  • Donator
  • Know Your Staff! & Roll Your Knowledge!
    • View Profile
Really cool how the server can bring people together. This is why we need the #SentinelCon2k21.
Member of The Hosters

Do you want to know a bit more about the staff? Check the link: KYS! !!!

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
What a wonderful read. I'm so happy you three had the chance to meet up and I hope that in the future we will see alot more of these, because this community has its own magic of bringing us close.  <3 3 years of yelling at them to invite you skiing finally paid off haha!

I still had to pay though, the deal was that he would pay everything! Greedy leopard! xD

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile

I still had to pay though, the deal was that he would pay everything! Greedy leopard! xD
I gave you free lessons! Saved you 60 bucks  8)

Aredus

• Donator
    • View Profile
What a touching story, made me cry for years. :'( :(

snape

• View Profile
Plz post some pics if you have

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
Plz post some pics if you have

Calvin put photos on that message but they got deleted from the sharing website.

snape

• View Profile