Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: What's going on for 1.7?  (Read 3894 times)

Kamikoize

• Server Idiot
  • Donator
  • 1 + 1 = 3
    • View Profile
What's going on for 1.7?
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:32:50 AM »
So, my guess is that Minecraft 1.7 is coming real soon.
What's coming, ask?

Smaller oceans
New fish
Fishing Rod enchantments
Redwood Forests
Clay Canyons
Snow topped mountains
Savannah Biome
Sunflower Plains
More flowers
Flower Forest
Birch Forests
Mega Taiga
Deep ocean
Ice spikes
Extreme Hills

And some other small stuff.

My main question: How will the Server react?
Like, will we have to restart everything? How will 1.7 be implemented into the server?

-Kamikoize
BIG THINGS GET PEOPLES ATTENTION!

superkittyminer

• View Profile
Re: What's going on for 1.7?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:34:28 AM »
You missed something fairly big. The achievement command for scoreboards. Using TAB completion results in it exceeding the maximum chat history. There's also the summon command. These'll be useful to map makers and will bring about some really really neat stuff. Not too useful for the average player but I'd hardly consider it a "small" thing. (Sorry, I was kinda offended by the fact that the map making tools weren't listed and then was dismissed as a small addition)

Fishing Mechanics have also been overhauled. Water breathing potions will also be brewable with a special fish.

My opinion on upgrading: When we upgrade to 1.7 people that wish to see the new terrain can go out further in the world (personal recommendation: use the nether for quicker traveling). I really don't find a map reset that necessary since no mechanics or anything were changed. Any contraption built in 1.6 (and 1.5, for that matter) will work in 1.7. No real point in restarting since nothing will be broken by the update. Would just be unnecessary tears for what would be gone over a terrain update that, again, can be experienced by simply travelling outward.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »
I don't think Kamikoize was pointing out everything. I think he was just pointing out what he thought was important which is perfectly fine.

Thanks for your post Kamikoize. As far as the updating goes, we will implement the changes as craftbukkit and the important plugins are updated. Once a stable version of all those come out we will update the server.

We will not be generating a new world though, so no need to worry about that.
-- Fedgar

Meteora

• Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »
Yeah but I heard that if you explore deeper in a 1.6 world with 1.7 client you might kinda mess up the world... I mean the borders of 1.6 world and 1.7 world.
Hear my howl, feel my steel,
My objection is clear, My objective - near,
To take your crown, to burn your place,
There's no room for you in my palace

Kamikoize

• Server Idiot
  • Donator
  • 1 + 1 = 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
Yeah but I heard that if you explore deeper in a 1.6 world with 1.7 client you might kinda mess up the world... I mean the borders of 1.6 world and 1.7 world.
That was my point. How can I see Clay Canyons and Ice spikes in a 1.6 world with a 1.7 client? That was my main question. Fanks, Metheorita.

You missed something fairly big. The achievement command for scoreboards. Using TAB completion results in it exceeding the maximum chat history. There's also the summon command. These'll be useful to map makers and will bring about some really really neat stuff. Not too useful for the average player but I'd hardly consider it a "small" thing. (Sorry, I was kinda offended by the fact that the map making tools weren't listed and then was dismissed as a small addition)
I didn't list these map making tools because my main point was to skip to the important stuff that would change the server dramatically. (the new biomes)
BIG THINGS GET PEOPLES ATTENTION!

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
I havent seen anything about breaking the world when you explore deeper. In keeping with Mojang tradition they usually are pretty good about providing backwards compatibility.

I will keep an eye on it and see if anyone else has had issues so far.
-- Fedgar