Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Towny conferences  (Read 3907 times)

Demoncrusher

• Donator
  • The one with a fork and sword irl and in-game
    • View Profile
Towny conferences
« on: November 21, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »
This is mainly for the town leaders to decide, but I've recently come up with an idea. before i present it, i'd like you to know these rules are not cast in steel! What if, once every two weeks or so, all the town Leaders come together at a specific time and place within the game and decide on a global town event ex: building an ambassadory in the middle of nowhere for the town leaders to come together. it would go so fast due to how many people would be working on it! When attending a conference each town leader can take one extra town member with them for the discussion, they can also give a player the rank of deputy, which will allow the player to take the place of the town leader at the conference if they're gone. I was thinking about something like the League of Towns as a name, and every town is free to join. Please consider this idea, it may be a little hard to make
it real but it's possible!
Always loyal: -Demon

wgolyoko

• View Profile
Re: Towny conferences
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:41:44 AM »
So the Town leaders would meet and decide on a community project, then go back to their towns and ask who wants to participate, as to bring as many players as possible ?

So in the list of what we can do, there's of course building projects (the Embassy first of all, and yeah it's written like that I checked xD), but we could also make farms, build a sort of "starting town" for the newbies, and well a lot of buildings.

Tournaments between towns are also an option, but I feel like CODE will have a slight advantage xD

We could also have challenges, like the town leaders make a treasure hunt and the residents have to find it or something

Demoncrusher

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:04:23 AM »
So the Town leaders would meet and decide on a community project, then go back to their towns and ask who wants to participate, as to bring as many players as possible ?

So in the list of what we can do, there's of course building projects (the Embassy first of all, and yeah it's written like that I checked xD), but we could also make farms, build a sort of "starting town" for the newbies, and well a lot of buildings.

Tournaments between towns are also an option, but I feel like CODE will have a slight advantage xD

We could also have challenges, like the town leaders make a treasure hunt and the residents have to find it or something
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking about. From the ideas you threw out there maybe not the latter but I think the other ideas there could work out really well.

EpicEliza

• Donator
  • A million different dreams are keeping me awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
I really really enjoy this idea Demon! Kudos to you for thinking this up! It gives being in a town much more meaning than just a bunch of letters beside your name. I would like to point out though that in towns there are 'Assistant' roles so maybe that can be the Deputy roles you are thinking about? Moreover, maybe you can have a town members minimum number? Like a town has to have a minimum of five members? It'll reduce the chances of a single player creating a town just to participate in town meet ups.
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BARRETT WILBERT WEED

terlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »

As a league, we can always create an arena for tournaments to be held in. Contestants would be limited to iron armor and can only bring iron equipment. Or something like that, to level the playing field.

The Carrot

• Queen of the Ducks
  • Owner
  • While there is life there is hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
I like the idea, unfortunately I'm time-limited. Also, some towns don't have as many members as others considering the bigger towns hog them all*cough*market*cough*

Makanaski

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »
I like the idea but it would be more fun any type of siege :P
Do not translate, 我告訴過你不要翻譯

RonTazVIC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »
This is really a nice idea demon. I was just a bit late to vote on the poll. Anyway, the embassy is a really a nice idea and then maybe it should be filled with infos regarding town joining instructions and some few more tips for newbies. Thats all I have to say. Cant wait for this idea to come to life... (^_^)
Going Harder than Forever

Demoncrusher

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »
This idea may have some complications due to timezone differences, BUT I have an idea to solve it. What it, every time we conclude a meeting a town leader(a different one every time) decides the time of the next meeting. For those leaders who are unable to participate there is always the option for a deputy or an assistant. So I'd conclude this forum post with: a town that joins has to have at least 5 members or a senior member+. A town has to be at least one week old to join. Please, for the towns that want to join, the town leader has to respond to this post saying: what their town is called, who their deputy is(maximum is two) and how many active members they have.