Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Approval Request: Effortless Building ~ Rejected  (Read 2491 times)

SenorMits

• View Profile
Approval Request: Effortless Building ~ Rejected
« on: July 13, 2019, 06:54:19 PM »
Name of the mod:

The mod is called Effortless Building, created by u/Requios9 on Reddit.

Mod URL:

The site can be found here:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/effortless-building

Additionally, a snippet of the features are found in the following link, from the most recent update to the mod:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/bkaijd/i_added_more_build_modes_to_my_effortless/

Why you think it should be allowed:

Simply put, it makes the creation of new structures, buildings, and other such things much easier and much faster. While it does place multiple amounts of blocks at once, breaking blocks using this also will damage the tool used correctly, and provide the user their resources correctly as well - Example can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TBwQY_3170

Finally, this mod is a great quality of life mod either for people who do not have much time, or for people who simply don't want to dedicate as much time to building - As there is no cheats or ways that I know of to abuse this mod, I feel it would be acceptable for the server.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 04:28:11 PM by amnotbananaama »

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Approval Request: Effortless Building
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
Speaking unofficially here and not deciding, but there are some major obstacles to allowing this on the server.

-"Printer" mods like these also need to be installed on the server's end to work. It would be entirely incompatible with the Spigot software we use, and therefore would never work on the server.

- The mod developer has yet to release a 1.13.x version, meaning no versions of the mod would work on the server currently.

- The mod allows players to switch to creative mode using the f4 key. This is a hard no on the server, we are a survival server and no one has access to that. Senior members and above have access to a separate creative world as a perk.

- The mod allows flying in survival. You will get kicked or banned by the server, and would conflict with our current /fly setup

As there is no cheats or ways that I know of to abuse this mod, I feel it would be acceptable for the server.

The mod gives you a mining reach of up to 200 blocks away. That is absurdly overpowered, and provides an extremely unfair advantage. Not to mention the potential for any player to switch to creative and wreck havoc. I really don't see how this mod would fit well with the server's playstyle.

If you think you have a skill in building that can help the server, consider applying for the Special rank. Make sure to provide plenty of proof of your abilities!

SenorMits

• View Profile
Re: Approval Request: Effortless Building
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:56:31 PM »
Oh I didn't realise the F4 to go into creative bit, I must have missed that, my bad: Also, since it's been several months since I've played PC Minecraft and kept up with the development of the mod, I was unaware if the mod was updated to 1.13 yet or not, and wasn't thinking of the building limit of 200 block distances - Why I hadn't thought that would be an issue is beyond me, but ah well. Thanks for taking time to answer the question, it's a shame, but I can live without it when on the server.