Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: SilentWitherDragon or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Mute the Wither!  (Read 2170 times)

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
About

Have you ever been minding your own business on Sentinelcraft in the middle of the night, when suddenly you hear the earpiercing sound of the Ender Dragon dying? Or maybe it was the equally ominous sound of the Wither's initial explosion? Well, now you don't have to anymore with...SilentWitherDragon!

Once you pick yourself off of the floor you fell on, download the resource pack attached and say goodbye to noisy jumpscares!

How does it work?

This resourcepack replaces the Ender Dragon death sound (.../sounds/mobs/enderdragon/end.ogg) and the Wither spawn sound (.../sounds/mobs/wither/spawn.ogg) with blank audio files. This means whenever someone does either of those things on the server, no sound plays for you!

Note that this resource pack ONLY changes those two sounds, making it incredibly lightweight. You can even merge it into your existing resource pack, if you know how to do so.

How can I install it?

First, download the attached SilentWitherDragon.zip file to somewhere you can easily access such as your desktop. Next, navigate to your resource pack directory, which will vary with your operating system, launcher, and changed settings. By default on Vanilla Minecraft on Windows, this is located in the %appdata%/.minecraft/resourcepacks directory. On a Mac, this is located in the ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/resourcepacks directory. On most Linux distributions, this is located in the ~/.minecraft/resourcepacks directory.

You can also click "Open Resource Pack folder" inside Minecraft itself to be taken to the proper directory, regardless of operating system or launcher. Next, copy the SilentWitherDragon.zip file into this folder, and switch into/launch Minecraft. Click on it to transfer it from "Available Resource Packs" to "Selected Resource Packs". Wait for it to load, and say goodbye to jumpscares!

Rohan

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Its Useful For Headphoners

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
We could just silence the sound in the server, if thats what people want.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
We could just silence the sound in the server, if thats what people want.

This was just something I thought of, after noticing players being surprised by the sound in chat, or not expecting it. I just wanted to give players a way to disable it if they choose to, I have no preference either way on disabling it serverwide  :)

AceAlmighty16

• Donator
    • View Profile
I dont believe anyone needs or wants to hear the sound of the ender dragon or wither dying. I dont play with sound on so I dont have a preference either.
Hi, Im Aceyface. Dont mess with my Bug!