Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: New Skyblock Challenges  (Read 6035 times)

Federe76

• View Profile
Work In Progress
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 01:20:20 AM »
Skyblock Challenges from scratch, first level (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Federe76

• View Profile
Skyblock Challenges by Federe
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »
DONE

Hope you guys like it, feel free to comment and suggest changes. I'm more of a "pacifist" player, but I hope I included enough mob killing challenges. Consider this open-source, so take with you if you want.

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: New Skyblock Challenges
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 05:15:02 AM »
Sorry for the delay in responding to this, university and the 1.15 update have consumed a lot of time. I just discovered this addon for skyblock called ExtraMobs, and I was really excited by it! I mostly wanted to post to get feedback (and so I don't forget lol).

This addon would allow Wither Skeletons and Blazes to spawn in the Nether on Nether Brick, Shulkers to spawn in the End on purpur, and Guardians in Deep Ocean biomes underneath a prismarine block. The addon config allows us to adjust the chances of mobs spawning. By default wither skeletons have a 1% chance of spawning, blazes have a 10% chance, shulkers have a 10% chance, and guardians have a 10% chance.

What do you guys think? Would it be unbalanced to allow these mobs to spawn in skyblock?

Link: https://github.com/BentoBoxWorld/ExtraMobs/releases

TommyFengster

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 05:52:28 AM »
Oh, I  would love this addon. Because not every player have certain spawners, they cant get items like shulker boxes and such. It would help out alot.
I was high, don't mind me.

charactername111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
This addon would be a blessing that solves a lot of problems on skyblocks

Lightterr

• Donator
  • Apes together strong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 11:27:13 PM »
Sounds like a good addon to me, tho as we all know spawn rate is a bit of an issue in skyblock, so with more mobs spawning wouldnt that make the spawn rate even worse?
Bamboo?

amnotbananaama

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »
Sounds like a good addon to me, tho as we all know spawn rate is a bit of an issue in skyblock, so with more mobs spawning wouldnt that make the spawn rate even worse?

This is a fair question. The way that this works is that it relies on the spawn rate of other mobs rather than adding new spawning. For example, for every 10 pigmen that successfully spawn in the nether on nether brick, this addon will replace 1 with a blaze. Of course, this does mean that it is reliant on the mob spawn rate but that's how skyblock is now already in a way I think.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »
I would prefer to have the challenges (original idea) changed than the vanilla settings.

The change on the challenges is just too much time consuming. I have to dedicate a lot of time solely just to edit them, which I didn't have yet, and I have to prioritize other things.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Artinity

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 06:10:19 PM »
Just completed the 4th challenge level and thereby the Zoo Maker and Water Zoo challenges. They're a bit tricky, but we got them done in a couple of days. For anyone having trouble, feel free to reach out to me, I can tell you the tricks to it.

All in all I don't think the challenges are too hard (maybe the upped spawns in 1.15 fixed the issue? Didn't play SB back then though, so can't compare)

Another issue however: In the Elite level, I suspect two challenges of being unobtainable:
- The Hostile Mob Zoo requires Skeleton, Zombie, Witch, Husk, Enderman, Creeper, Slime, Phantom, Endermite, Magma Cube, Spider, Pigman, Drowned, Blaze, Ghast, Wither Skeleton. I can get all of these mobs, but not in the same dimension, and Sentinel disables mobs from going to portals. (You can change the biomes in the nether (though you can't change them back to nether), but I doubt the nether has slime chunks)
- The Engineer (all redstone components, repeat x100): This is doable once or twice, but it requires 5 pieces of Quartz, which is not renewable. Currently we have 24, fortuned from the nether starter island.

Maybe the first one can be split up into a Nether and Overworld Hostile Zoo, and the second one scaled down from a 100-times repeatable to a once-off?

charactername111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 08:27:46 PM »
we likely want to do a whole revamp of the challenges at once. but these are important things to note for when we do make the changes