Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Big Doors plugin  (Read 2528 times)

ArchieBaloch

• WDYM?
    • View Profile
Big Doors plugin
« on: April 28, 2020, 01:37:10 AM »
Big Doors
What is the big doors plugin?

it is basically a plugin which is used to create doors, but big ones, we can create doors of almost any size (there is a time limit of 120 seconds to complete the creation) after that we can open the door from anywhere in the server using a command /bdm.

it is easy and compatible with version 1.15 and it is very useful for those people who like to create big houses, mansion. Not to mention that it can be used for sentinel crafts creations as well.

List of features:

Big, animated doors of these types:

• Big Door
            Drawbridge
            Portcullis
            Sliding Door
            GUI for door management.
            Redstone support.

Support for various protection plugins such as:
  •         WorldGuard
            GriefPrevention
            PlotSquared
            Towny
            Lands
            RedProtect

Preview:
https://youtu.be/ApawfmWX7Nw
Big text is attractive

EpicEliza

• Donator
  • A million different dreams are keeping me awake
    • View Profile
Re: Big Doors plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »
This plugin is really cool! The number of builds and its quality we could make with this would be amazing.

However, it does seem like it might produce a large amount of lag in Sentinel, unfortunately.
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BARRETT WILBERT WEED

ArchieBaloch

• WDYM?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 03:52:51 AM »
We can limit the use of doors. can't we? 8)
Big text is attractive

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:05:46 AM »
If it has a command to open and close doors from distance, it probably means it keeps the chunk where the door is loaded. This would mean way more TPS lag to the server
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

ArchieBaloch

• WDYM?
    • View Profile
RE: Big Doors plugins
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 10:52:24 PM »
I created a requested about adding a plugin named ''Big Doors'' but it was denied cause it will create lag, here are some solution that may help reduce the laaaag.

1 - EpicEliza said:
This plugin is really cool! The number of builds and its quality we could make with this would be amazing.

However, it does seem like it might produce a large amount of lag in Sentinel, unfortunately.

Well here are some of the possible solutions:

1 - We can restrict the door creations to SM+, and there aren't many SM+ so it won't be a huge trouble.

2 - We can change the time for creation of doors from 120 seconds to 30seconds maybe. Because how big door can you exactly make in less then 30 seconds.

3 - We can set the cost price of doors so that people would have to spend money to create doors, so they won't make much big doors.

2 - Migas Said:

If it has a command to open and close doors from distance, it probably means it keeps the chunk where the door is loaded. This would mean way more TPS lag to the server

Here is the solution:

1 -  I believe there is a command in the configuration menu of plugin where we can set/add the distance from which the door can be opened.
Big text is attractive

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Big Doors plugins
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 10:58:05 PM »
2 - Migas Said:

Here is the solution:

1 -  I believe there is a command in the configuration menu of plugin where we can set/add the distance from which the door can be opened.

This would have no effect. No matter the distance where the command is submitted, the fact that the plugin tries to open them from a distance it means it will most probably have to keep the chunk where it is loaded, even if there's no command issued.

Adding to this, it means adding a new plugin into the server. We already have 50+ plugins, which is above average for a server of our size. This plugin seems to have minimal features for the possible issues it can cause.

Also, click reply on the topic instead of creating a new one so we can keep our thoughts inside the same page!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:00:58 PM by Migas »
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Red_Fox_01

• Hope you have a nice day <3
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Big Doors plugins
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 02:23:48 PM »
2 - Migas Said:

Here is the solution:

This would have no effect. No matter the distance where the command is submitted, the fact that the plugin tries to open them from a distance it means it will most probably have to keep the chunk where it is loaded, even if there's no command issued.

Adding to this, it means adding a new plugin into the server. We already have 50+ plugins, which is above average for a server of our size. This plugin seems to have minimal features for the possible issues it can cause.

Also, click reply on the topic instead of creating a new one so we can keep our thoughts inside the same page!

Can't we just disable the permissions for this command, why would we open a door with a command, how lazy.
I am just a coder.
Nothing else to see..

Jomi0808

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »
What a mate, what a pleasure to add something to the server, since now there are no problems if they add something external instead of improving the game, it can cause the opposite ... if it increases the lag or it is not playable in my case I would have to leave the server ...