Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Senior Member Application for LUDGR81  (Read 2642 times)

LUDGR81

• View Profile
Senior Member Application for LUDGR81
« on: May 07, 2020, 01:17:33 PM »
- What is your in-game name?
LUDGR81

- Have you been active for at least 1 month?
Yes.

- Have you been helpful for other people on the server? If yes, who and how?
Yes.  I answer questions relating to towny and other things in general chat.  I help my town members when I can.  I provide items for reasonable prices on auction.  I make roads and bridges to help people get around my area of the map easily.  I keep villages alive and prospering so others can trade with the villagers.  I have no interest in griefing or harassing other members or staff. 

- Have you been jailed/muted/rules restricted before? If yes, what punishment and motive?
No.  Never jailed / muted / rules restricted.

- Do you vote regularly?
Yes.  I try very hard to remember to vote regularly.  Gotta collect those tokens!

- Are you going to be active and keep in touch on the forums?
Yes.  I'll be putting town information on the forums for UPTOWN and responding to current voting / new information.

- Additional Information:
I really enjoy the server.  I like how the staff treat members and hold people responsible for griefing and other nuisances.  I have built a town and have some residents.  I'm currently considering offers to join a nation. 

Sorry, I'm not more into PvP and the player interactions that come from that, I'm more of a builder and farmer.  I enjoy making roads and bridges to connect my town to other areas of the map, villages, towns, and nations - after asking permission if they are player controlled. 

I look forward to your response.

-LUDGR81
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.

RealCreate

• This is Me, Myself & I, I always lose Myself.
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Member Application for LUDGR81
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 02:18:39 PM »
Good Luck, LUDGR81!  8)

Joel

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 06:48:36 PM »
Good luck!  :)

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Your application will be under review and an answer will be given in the next 7 days.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Nick The Builder

• Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 02:21:33 AM »
good luck! XD
- Your friendly builder, Nick. Visit Coari Crossing, The Gateway to The Kattalox Southwest! </t spawn Coari Crossing>

Ezgord

• Donator
  • *happy horse noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 04:10:53 AM »
Good luck! :)
Stay hydrated!

IGN: Ezgordified

Remiaw

• Donator
  • Cosplaying Tsukasa from Plastic Memories ingame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 07:55:02 PM »
Good luck!
Have yourself a ride through the streets of Fortuna City! /t spawn Fortuna
[This is an official message from the Bureau of Propaganda of the Nation of Arda]

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 08:05:35 PM »
Your application is denied. During the review of your application, we found out about an auto-farm made by you. You need to improve your knowledge of the rules before being considered for Senior Member.

LUDGR81

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
Ah, bummer.

Just some notes for anyone else who is applying for Senior Member:  If you try to use a single composter as an interior decoration garbage can near a villager area, it'll turn one villager into a farmer which apparently does something that is considered auto-farming.  Something about farmer villagers feeding / breeding other villagers.  This obviously shouldn't affect a villager area with all beds already filled by manual feeding / breeding of villagers, since more villagers can't be bred if all bads are occupied but staff may not take that into consideration. 

It will not matter if you have several other villager areas that are not using a composter as a decorative garbage can.   It also is not taken into consideration the size of the land that you're working on.  A small 16/x16 cottage in the woods is far less likely to have infractions than a large, complex, many chunk city.  The assumed guilt of running an auto farm will affect your application.

Also note that immediately correcting the situation that you weren't aware of by killing the farmer and removing the composter will still get you denied for a Senior Member position. 

While I'm aware that purposely running an auto farm could lead to more serious consequences such as jail time or a ban and I'm happy that my immediate compliance only resulted in a Senior Member denial, I feel that I have been judged harshly.  I look forward to applying again for a Senior Member status in another month. 

It'd be really nice if someone on staff could help find these minor issues so that they could be corrected before an application is processed.  Is that an option that I should ask for next time?

Thanks to all those that supported me and for valuable staff time used in my inspection.

Migas

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
I feel that I have been judged harshly.

Your application was very hard for us to review. You hardly showcased us anything before applying to the rank, which doesn't help. So we based pretty much on what we have seen in the last 7 days, we even replied on the 7th day.

When the staff members went to investigate your area, they found out pretty quickly that automation was involved in the farm, since there was a farmer feeding others there automatically. Meaning that, you, a Senior Member applicant, who stays around the area/base for a longer time than them [and did not notice or did not care to change], should be aware of the rules, including automations. Being aware of the rules makes you think outside your own box and the initial purpose of your builds (which was to make it semi-auto). Seeing a farmer there should've been a red flag, since it was not part of your design.

LUDGR81

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »
Thank you so much for pointing all of that out to me.  You're super helpful!