Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Voting Reward Ideas  (Read 1881 times)

swordsmancs

• Donator
    • View Profile
Voting Reward Ideas
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:48:54 PM »
So I don't know if it's been suggested or requested before, but I had a few ideas for some voting rewards, based on similar items I've seen given on other servers. There's several logical reasons I can think of for refusing them, but I want to put the idea out there anyways.

The idea is items with one enhanced enchantment being given out rarely as voting rewards in vote crate types of things. Say for example, voting gives you the same rewards as it does now (money and tokens for the shop), but it also gives you a vote key, and that key can be used to access lootboxes or other token shops based on rank (for example, the higher your donator rank, the more rooms you can access in the shop, with separate rooms available to special, admins, mods, etc etc).

These shops would have custom items available with specific custom enchantments and names. For example, a fortune 4 pickaxe, looting 4 sword, unbreakable iron/diamond tools (depending on rank), a sword with sharpness/smite/bane of arthro 3 or fire aspect 3.

There can also be items with unique custom enchantments, such as a sword that gives whatever it hits levitation for a few seconds, or a shield that gives health boost when held, that sort of thing.

Obviously there are flaws, like these highly powerful weapons being sold to lower tiered players who didn't necessarily work for them, that sort of thing, but I think the sheer power the items would, and the massive cost it'd take to buy them (or implementing a lootbox system where the keys can be used to spin a roulette, artificially making the items much rarer, but that's a little close to gambling for my tastes, although the option to spin the roulette or buy the item outright at a higher cost to guarantee the item would work) would prevent them from getting sold, as players would just want to hold on to these items for themselves.

I don't know, I just think it'd boost vote numbers if people could get a fort 4 pickaxe or something.

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Reward Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »
Hi Swords, I thought I would add my input for this idea and in a sense refine what you have said to something which would be much more likely to accepted on the server without breaking any balance or deflate some items worth.

I like the idea of crates/voting crates and much very much like to see them on the server in the future, but with such a significant change it does take considerable time to look into the feasibility, implementation and also balancing of this. So if it was to happen, it would be a long time before such a system would be in place. As for giving items, I like the idea which would be either unobtainable through other methods could be an avenue which could be looked at, but I have reservations on giving higher ranked combat enchantments but have fewer reservations about some tool enchantments (so PvP isn't going to be even more stacked towards long time players).

As for different rank boxes, I think we have as a server done well to make sure that donating or not donating does not affect someones play. The biggest perk is fly, which can be obtained through voting by a dedicated person. For this, I am firmly against having different rooms for different 'level' of players and would be absolutely no need for staff crate rooms as we do not think of ourselves as above everyone and therefore don't need additional perks in the game.

Some questions I would like to pose to anyone interested in this issue as it has been something on my mind about crates;
1.   What rewards would get you to vote again?
2.   Would a vote crate/vote crate system something you would spend time interacting with?
3.   What are some potential concerns you may have about crates?
4.   Could this extend towards other rare items, commands or blocks and would this be interesting to you?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:27:23 PM by Oplegoman »

ShadowBlade310

• Donator
  • #RoadToNotBeingAlone
    • View Profile
    • big wow
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 02:10:26 PM »
Here my feedback:

1) The crates are a good idea as long as there's not a pay to win aspect. There can be a Member and a Senior Member Bonus Room but not for donators as it would be sorta p2w.

2) Not proud to admit but i don't vote very often or at all. i am just either too lazy or don't feel like it worth opening tabs on my slow laptop but if the rewards were good i would want to work through it and Vote. So yes id interact with it more.

3) I have no concerns about this idea right now except maybe it can break the game when someone grinds up to fortune X or something. Some restriction would be nice.

4) Yes i think it'll be helpful to members/senior members who don't have the donator perks like /skin /disguise /chest /loom, etc. Adding them in crates in "a spin the wheel" style with the command being the "jackpot" would be fun and i feel like it'll be more fair towards people who cant donate due to various restrictions like paypal being unavailable.
Thank You for your time.   
                                 -Shadow

JoeArmageddon

• Donator
  • the slave at your disposal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »
Im kinda not entirely in the favour of this idea as the best thing about this server is it's minimalist and efficient style so your questions:
1.   What rewards would get you to vote again?
 - some minimal rewards like a little moore money or tokens would be more then enough to get me to vote i almost didnt vote like for a month but am starting now and now i vote everyday
2.   Would a vote crate/vote crate system something you would spend time interacting with?
 -if introduced i would be more than happy to interact with the system but the current rewarding system seems pretty good to me (only my perspective)
3.   What are some potential concerns you may have about crates?
 -the thing about crates that concerns me is i always liked this server for giving a person opportunity to work on their own and collect minerals and everything with the default enchantment levels and classic minecraft enchantments so that's kinda a challenge for someone who came for a server playing with effeciency 6 or looting 4 but it would severely affect the gameplay style on this server and make things easier and spoil the fun.(again my perspective)
4.   Could this extend towards other rare items, commands or blocks and would this be interesting to you?
 -  yes that would interest me as everyone likes to make the game easier but on the other hand i would like to see some different awards which do not affect the gameplay style and yet make the people happy like spawners or rare eggs or some rare items which already exist in the game

thank you
Life is meaningless without humor <3