Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Dev's Administrator App!  (Read 6553 times)

Devereux

• Not Shadow
  • Livin' like Larry!
    • View Profile
Dev's Administrator App!
« on: October 08, 2020, 07:58:42 PM »

What is your in-game name?
My in-game name is Devereux.

Current Rank?
My current rank is Moderator.

How long have you been on the server?
I joined the server on 30 January 2015, but went inactive in June 2016. I resumed activity on 19 April 2020.

How long have you been a Moderator?
I was promoted to Moderator on June 6th, 2020.

What is your main specialization that stands out and can benefit the server?
One of my greatest strengths that I take pride in is player relations. I have introduced a new feature to the server, SpecializedCrates, and have reliably planned out events to engage with players, such as Roll on Wednesday, Chicken Football, as well as assisting with the Prom event. I personally think it's something higher staff could use; there are a lot of people that work behind the scenes but I would like to be the one out there with the players, engaging with them and making sure they have a great experience on our server. I hope, through my events, I can eliminate the months that have a lower player count (e.g. numbers don't drop from January onwards). I believe that the Administrator rank will allow me to continue developing events and features, including Crates 1.1 and perhaps one day, Olympics. Besides events themselves, I hope I can be very reachable--especially for those in my timezone--as I would like to be the number one person they come to when they have a problem.

Is there any Staff member that suggested you to apply to admin?
Yes, I will answer this in private if needed.

What experience do you have being a Moderator/Admin?
I only have experience on SentinelCraft, but my time here has taught me a lot. I genuinely believe I have great judgment; I am not afraid to punish when I feel that it is necessary, and I feel that my punishment is always justified. Throughout my days as a Moderator I have always felt uncomfortable with inconsistency in our punishments and some rules, and have done my best to straighten things out. I think that punishments are more consistent now, but I am still uncomfortable with some rules that we have (particularly, PvP ones) and I would like to discuss that next with the collaboration of players and the staff team. Even though SentinelCraft is just an online platform, this server, together with my experience in retail has helped me to be more patient in handling others. I realized that it was something I lacked to excel in player relations and I believe I have amended that. They say what you put in is what you get out of, and I think I have learned a lot through my contributions since the blank sheet I was four months ago.

What plugins are you familiar with?
I am very comfortable with SpecializedCrates, as I set it up from scratch with Oplegoman. I worked with .yml files through this process and dealt with errors that caused a pluginwide issue. I also have great knowledge, to a Moderator extent, on LogBlock, LWC, Towny, GriefPrevention and World Edit.

Are you currently staff on any other servers?
No, I am not.

Additional Information:
To be completely honest, I am a little bit disadvantaged when it comes to plugins and other "behind the scene" components over AMNOTBANANAAMA, or a lot of the higher staff. However, I am always willing to learn; I put in that effort to learn and given time and experience I will be able to get to that point. I have shown this before through SpecializedCrates--I went from having no clue of Oplegoman yelling "CRATES!" to successfully introduce it to the server alongside him. I believe I am one of the very few (below SA) that has played an essential role in setting up a new feature. It took a lot of time to implement and I think it was a success that balanced our economy.

I feel trusted among higher staff as I have been given permissions here and there, already putting me in a gray area between being a Moderator with a sprinkle of Administrator permissions. I appreciate that a lot and I feel that a promotion to Administrator will help a lot in future cases as it will reduce/stop the needs for special permissions. I realize it is not easy to give a Moderator the permission to broadcast, to world edit, to administer a plugin that may ruin the economy, but you guys have done that and I think that justifies what I have done for the server, and I can tell you that I have a greater vision of what is to come.

Thank you for reading my application, and I would like a private response please! <3

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dev's Administrator App!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 08:00:41 PM »
Your application will be under review and an answer will be given in the next 7 days.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »
Good Luck Dev!! <3

Annu_Mannu

• Admin
  • I'm a small,but my heart is explosively good;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 08:14:02 PM »
Goodluck deve :)
I am a loving person "cute" some will say and if I don't have anything to do I will follow you, But I do tend to be a bit clumsy "so my bad!"

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 08:14:44 PM »

xXCRYMINALXx

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 08:29:47 PM »
Good luck!

ShadowBlade310

• Donator
  • #RoadToNotBeingAlone
    • View Profile
    • big wow
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
 Good luck, devv!
Thank You for your time.   
                                 -Shadow

Gad

• Donator
  • Who Knows?
    • View Profile
    • My current project
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »
Best of luck dev!

JohnBarry99

• Donator
  • Just think of me as your guardian devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2020, 01:55:30 AM »
Yaaaaas, Dev!! Best of luck! <3
not quite my tempo.

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 06:30:31 AM »
Good Luck Dev!