Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: BookShelf  (Read 8247 times)

Varun aka eoyvideoteam

• SentinelCraft FTW!
    • View Profile
Re: BookShelf
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »
As fun as this plugin might be, it is not really something that could benefit the server in terms of productivity. We want to try and use our resources (memory) as best as possible and not waste it. If you want to build your own library, go ahead and do it, but we don't need a plugin for that.

By people on this server, you are stereotyping everybody and its not really nice to say that people are not willing to work together and focus on their personal goals (as you seem to be doing now). If it is something that a lot of people want and don't need, it is probably not going to be implemented on the server. There needs to be an overwhelming response for a plugin like this.
I am an Indian. No, not native american, Indian. So get it straight.
                                                    --Varun

Debu

• Laziness is a gift, a boon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
I can build up a library but no one will come to it and neither will many people care to write books.

The Bazzar project started out well, it was going on but then other similar projects such as the Bazzar started up. The same thing is happening to Lideons town. Why not keep his town as the Central area for all towns instead of creating more and more warps to towns. I dont offend anyone or their project. People just get into their own and put it up as a challenge that I can do better. I don't think way. I try to help them out and get their job better. Like I said earlier, there can be nothing which is flawless unless it has a flaw.

Basically I want to unite the people better.
I'd be really happy to create a public library and also write books for it. The only problem would be people stealing them..

The 1.8 update will fix that as copied books will be named as 'copy of original' and  a copy of a copy will be available but cant be copied further :D
--Debu
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
This plugin is not needed. Rather save the memory for other useful plugins.
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Varun aka eoyvideoteam

• SentinelCraft FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »
I can build up a library but no one will come to it and neither will many people care to write books.

The Bazzar project started out well, it was going on but then other similar projects such as the Bazzar started up. The same thing is happening to Lideons town. Why not keep his town as the Central area for all towns instead of creating more and more warps to towns. I dont offend anyone or their project. People just get into their own and put it up as a challenge that I can do better. I don't think way. I try to help them out and get their job better. Like I said earlier, there can be nothing which is flawless unless it has a flaw.

Basically I want to unite the people better.
I'd be really happy to create a public library and also write books for it. The only problem would be people stealing them..

The 1.8 update will fix that as copied books will be named as 'copy of original' and  a copy of a copy will be available but cant be copied further :D
If people don't want to come your library, then that's their choice, you cannot force them to show up there. Also, if people want to create their own town and make it a shop town, we are not here to say there can be only one shop town and that is it. If you think you were the first to come up with the idea for a town like yours, you are not. There were several other attempts, but most of them did not pick off the ground much. I remember IamSwifteh telling me that Raymere might become a town with lots of shopping, but it never happened. Bottom line is, you can't force people to think and do things the way that you like...
                                                    --Varun

Debu

• Laziness is a gift, a boon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »
Trying to unite people through various activities doesn't mean I'm forcing people to do things.

This Conversation ends and I also announce a possible library at Pandora so get writing books, it will be steal proof.
--Debu
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Varun aka eoyvideoteam

• SentinelCraft FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 11:12:19 AM »
I don't understand what you mean by unite people, but I'm locking the topic.
                                                    --Varun