Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: New PC  (Read 1433 times)

Mastery_

• Donator
  • im an extrovert hi (ign: mastery55295)
    • View Profile
New PC
« on: November 29, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
I'm planning on getting a new PC this summer, when I get my job for mowing my church's massive lawn. The specs for my machine will be:

- Processor - Ryzen 5 3600XT 3.8GHz - $334

- RAM - Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) - $109

- Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX Gaming Motherboard - $269

- Graphics - EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB GDDR6 - $449

- HDD - WD Blue 4TB Hard Drive - $79

- SSD - Patriot 512 GB Solid State M.2 - $67

- PSU - EVGA 500W Power Supply - $48

- Case - Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case with RGB Software Sync Dual Ring RGB LED Fans, 240mm AIO Support, EATX Support, Top Mount PSU & HDD/SSD, PRISM S - $80

- Total - $1,440

I think it might be able to play Minecraft, idk what else

Oplegoman

• Co-Owner
    • View Profile
Re: New PC
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »
Not bad but I think you could potentially make some changes, but again it would depend on which region you are in as prices do depend on the region. I think with your set up you are going to be heavily bottlenecking the CPU, and think the following changes could be good.

CPU - Ryzen 3600   - No need for the x or XT because you are likely not overclock the hell out of it as you are not buying a third party cooler
RAM - why not 4 sticks of 8gb, populate all 4 slots? Also, would this ram be 2666mhz? I would recommend making it 4 x 8gb sticks at 3000mhz or 3200mhz (ensure you turn on XMP in the bios to get the preformance boost!)
Motherboard - Take the B550 Tomahawk, no reason to go for the strix if you are not overclocking the cpu and gpu, and with it being a b550 board you are not getting anything more any other b550 board cannot offer you
Graphics - You have now saved money elsewhere take a look at getting a 2060 super or 2070 super from a reputable brand as to be fair doesn't matter as you are not going to looking at the front of it often.
HDD - Nothing to say but ensure its 7200rpm, and you are likely to get the best price on this with 2tb Seagate drives.
SSD - again ensure it provides the extremely high speeds expected of it, Samsung or an intel one could be good here and similar in price.
Case - Personal choice
PSU - is by far one of the most important parts of the build and to allow yourself future options I would go for a 750watt supply.

If I was to price this out in dollars, it would be;

with a total of 1335.88, saving you 100 dollars and getting you even more performance per dollar!

Mastery_

• Donator
  • im an extrovert hi (ign: mastery55295)
    • View Profile
Re: New PC
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »
Awesome! Thank you!