Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Excited for Fallout 4  (Read 6961 times)

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
Excited for Fallout 4
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »
Is anyone else as excited for Fallout 4 as I am? Literally, I can not wait.

DocPepps

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Excited for Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »
Dude, I live near Boston. I'm so pumped!!!! You have no idea. I'm so glad I have PS4 already. What system are you gonna play on?

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
Gonna play on my Xbox One. Man, I am so hyped for this game. I love Fallout. I'm gonna pre-order it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:06:14 AM by haloman0111 »

bricer123

• Donator
  • Banana Muffin Corn Dogs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
Fallout 3 wasn't my favorite game but it was still pretty fun.  My brother is definitely getting Fallout 4 so I'll try it out.
http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=5822.0
"Yet there were no events surrounding this."
Salty af

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
Yea, I know a few people who didn't like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I guess it's just the game's play style is just a bit different from many games nowadays.

FatherTimeKeeper

• Donator
  • Nos_Austrian_Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »
I loved fallout 3 when it came out, Played it for weeks on my bussys PS3, Played New Vegas on my pc and diddnt care for it, Looking forward to Fallout 4. I got the new PS4 controller working with my Gaming PC as well as my old PS3 Controller so I am fully setup and ready to go. Minus the munchies and case of 2 - liter pepsi bottles. XD 

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
A good amount of people either liked Fallout 3 and not NV, or vice-versa. I, personally, like the atmosphere of Fallout 3 more than NV, as it has more of a survival feel to it.

As for the controller on the PC, that's what I used to do when I first started playing games on PC, because I've always played on a console since I was a lil kid. I'm used to the keyboard + mouse nowadays, as a lot of games only support that. But, if I had to choose, I would prefer a controller.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:45:51 PM by haloman0111 »

FatherTimeKeeper

• Donator
  • Nos_Austrian_Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 03:26:10 AM »
im not sure but i think i prefer a keyboard and mouse, however on those days i just want to kick back and kill stuff, its nice having a controller, I think i just like having the option to go either way and only the pc allows that. PLus, Games are easyer to pirate on the pc XD

bricer123

• Donator
  • Banana Muffin Corn Dogs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 03:46:49 AM »
Interesting point.  Now that I think about it, I usually use controllers for when I play on my emulators (playing Pok?mon and Mario and whatnot) and Castle Crashers.
http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=5822.0
"Yet there were no events surrounding this."
Salty af

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
I occasionally still play games like Skyrim with a controller, as I get really bad mouse lag on that game (Due to my integrated graphics, which should be replaced very soon.) Although, by the time Fallout 4 comes out, I'll be playing that with the keyboard and mouse. I can't wait to see what kind of mods people will put out for that game, as the modding communities for Bethesda's games are absolutely amazing. That's the main reason I'm still not bored of Fallout New Vegas quite yet. People are still making great mods. 

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm so hyped for Fallout 4!! Even though I'm way more of a TES person ::) . I just hope that Bethesda will bring out the creation kit asap after the release. Ohh and that the engine does work properly this time (I'm looking at you, Skyrim!). Hopefully this mod will be brought to Fallout 4 too; https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3ad3cy/help_tamriel_online_testing/

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 01:49:10 AM »
I figure that Bethesda will probably release the GECK just a month or two after the initial release of the game, like they have on Fallout NV, and the Creation Kit for Skyrim.
The engine, knowing Bethesda's glitchy engines (understandably, as their games are huge open worlds) may have a some bugs in it, but they say that the game itself is done development wise, for now, and they are just fixing bugs until it's release.

As for the Tamriel Online mod, that looks great, and I do hope that the author, or at least someone, when the mod is further into it's development, ports it over to Fallout 4.

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
Maybe a bit of topic, but have you ever heard of Skywind and Skyblivion? Or TESrenewal in general? (told ya, TESfanboy over here :-X )

If Bethesda want my money right from the release they'll have to make FO4 have a (almost) flawless engine imo. Mods will probably make the game better anyway, since they change the way the game feels, looks and plays depending on your preferences and pc. And I already know that I'll modding this to hell, maybe even beyond!
On second thought I think I'll be waiting for a couple of months, till the GECK comes out. So we can see how 'moddable' (is that even a word? ;s) the game is. What its limits are 'n stuff..

Well, seems I should start following some gaming news site thingy. Any recommendations?

WarfighterXV

• Donator
  • Atom Bomb Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 08:17:08 PM »
Yes, TESrenewal is the series of mods that bring the TES games together right? Those mods look great.

I have confidence that the engine of the game won't be too buggy on release, as it is just a vastly improved version of Skyrim's Engine.
I feel like Fallout 4 is going to be very open to modding, because Bethesda themselves have never had any problems with people modding their games, and this time around, they are trying to be more open to the idea because they are even adding support for mods to the Xbox One (I don't know about PS4). So I'm glad that they are aware of their amazing modding communities.

As for a gaming news website, I recommend checking out Se7enSins.com (Not an advertisment)
They have a lot of game news on their front page, and lotsa threads dedicated to games.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:23:20 PM by haloman0111 »

ZwemmendeBoom

• i'll be back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 02:00:52 PM »
Yep, TESrenewel is exactly that. Unfortunately it isn't finished yet, or at least that's as far as I'm aware of it's development status.

As for the engine, improving something which is already broken doesn't necessarily fix it.

I don't have any doubt that Bethesda doesn't have a problem with people modding their games. After all, they even tried to make money of of it. Something of which I utterly disapprove! Especially the way they implemented it. I think that the Nexus does a far better job, letting people choose if they want to pay or not. Also I'm not really sure if I like the fact that the Xbone and maybe the PS4 get mod support. I'm rather inquisitive about it actually. More specifically if this will have some sort of payment model attached to it. And what does this mean for the folk who make the mods? Do they need to take into consideration that it needs to be usable for both the PC and consoles? Because if that'll be the case, then I think that that'll greatly reduce the quality. Also how would graphical mods work on the consoles?
Buhh way too much questions.. ;p