Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: The change  (Read 33511 times)

Eddinator

• :L waw
    • View Profile
Re: The change
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 09:05:55 AM »
I like the idea of Updating the server , its like new world new chances right ?
 ;)
such wow much skill ...

Frostemort

• Donator
  • "Something Cool."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »
I support this 100% because Zweerd will have to build the castle all over again.

On a serious note though I'm on board with this because everytime I logged on I felt there was absolutely nothing for me to do other than catching up with friends, for me personally I think this will make the server ALOT more fun and interesting. Just my opinion though.

Voting yes just because Coldy will finally come back from his grave.
But my tree :'D

I think the flat world stays so the tree is fine.
Yes. I was born on April Fools.

plerp

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 04:09:23 PM »
i know it will be 1.10 /1.11 but i want to know weather or not it will be 1.9 COMPATIBLE because ive played a 1.10 server with 1.9 compatibility.

Fedgar_Lurch

• Just Some Guy
  • Founder
  • Hey Guys!
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 08:15:13 PM »
It wont be. I wont make it compatible just because one person needs a better install of MC. Get your client right lol
-- Fedgar

plerp

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »
I currently use mineshafter do you have a recommendation?

Aureus Lunae

• Donator
  • An arrow of the Moonbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »
Part of The Hosters

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentleman.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

So don't mess with me!

SpaceLemons

• Donator
  • Sarma, sarma and only sarma.
    • View Profile
    • SentinelCraft
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 07:07:43 PM »
Mineshafter works great for me, you just need to download a newer version
Custodis

Apollyna

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 05:45:15 AM »
Will/Can whatever replaces Towny (or, I suspect, multiple plugins?) also include toggling of fire and mob spawning, etc? These are really really wonderful features that feel almost essential after all this time, lol!

bricer123

• Donator
  • Banana Muffin Corn Dogs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 01:18:24 PM »
I completely support this decision.  I was somewhat sick of the old world, if anything.  And updating to 1.9 would give idiots like me a fair shot with PvP (until someone gets 1,000 axes or unarmed, which will take less than 48 hours if we're being honest).

I believe I remember someone saying commandblocks are disabled for the server, but maybe you can enable them on this new one (yes, I know how servers and worlds work - you would have to enable them on the entire server, but this is just a suggestion).  This would give the admins room to experiment with commandblocks a little, instead of relying on plug-ins.  Personally, I dislike modding my Minecraft because I'm somewhat experienced with commandblocks, so I've always thought, "everything you can do in a mod, you can do with commandblocks."  This holds true a pretty good majority of the time - it just takes a while to actually get used to commandblocks, of course.

By now, I think the SkyBlock world is a bit more dead than it was, maybe, a year ago.  Perhaps it's time to restart on this as well?  I'm sure there is another SkyBlock plug-in that is a bit more expansive than the one we have now.  Also, this is the only server I've played on that gave you a limit for your island.  I'm not saying I don't like, and I'm not saying it's wrong ("what can you do in this amount of space" kind of theme).  However, a lot of new players want to play SkyBlock, and having an inferior SkyBlock plug-in may be the death of the world on our server.  It does tend to get a little boring if it isn't updated.  Further, I would like to add that my McMMO transferred from Pern to SkyBlock.  If we're resetting our McMMO, will this change it in all servers?
(The reason why I'm talking about different worlds is because I'm seeing this update as an opportunity to change the server in general.  If you're going to update part of it, you may as well update the server in general.)

As for changes in minigames, I think Mob Arena could use one.  To be honest, I feel reluctant about this opinion; I don't know yet whether I support it or not, but I do want to bring it to your attention in case anyone else does.  Some Mob Arena-like plug-ins have the ability to upgrade your classes, if not make a custom one.  They also have "abilities," which are just "magic spells" - something that can be used to attack, support, used for movement, etc., and has a cooldown.  The only problem with this is that it makes Mob Arena a lot more different than it was before.  Honestly, I'm fine with any change this server has to offer, but having "upgradeable" classes could make Mob Arena a bit less competitive (To put it in perspective, you said something about bragging rights and a stats board.  How can someone brag about killing another player if it was 1,000 axes vs. leather armor?).  As for me, I'm fine with upgradeable classes, as long as the upgrades aren't too overpowered (maybe +1 or 2% of a stat for every upgrade).

Obviously, I'm sure you will fix the minigames that are currently broken during the change, or soon after.

Also, a custom mobs plug-in could be fun.  Instead of the boring mobs that always knock me into my 32x80x64 hole and kill me, there could be some harder mobs that occasionally spawn.  So maybe a skeleton with an overpowered bow, or a zombie that gives you a Wither effect.  I've also seen "bosses" that spawn every 15 minutes to an hour, along with a chat message that says "A boss has spawned near X Y Z coordinates!"  These bosses could be vanilla, such as a skeleton with lots of health and a fully automatic bow, or a bunch of Ghasts riding a zombie with lots of health.  Fighting these bosses would give you a ton of XP, money, or some other cool rewards.  Or maybe even the most overpowered item in the game, a Mending book.  You said something about adding some "adventure" aspects.  I don't know exactly what that means, but I feel like these custom mobs could support that idea.
^^^ If anything, I think the custom mobs is the most reasonable suggestion I even had, and that deserves my full support.  I'll actually be a bit sad if I don't get something of a challenge from the hostile mobs - I don't think we die enough on this server.

Sorry for any bad grammar.  It's pretty early where I am and I was playing the IW beta all night (I'm disappointed with it, but I play mostly zombies anyway).  In any case, whether you're Fed or not, please at least skim through here and give me some other opinions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 01:23:12 PM by bricer123 »
http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=5822.0
"Yet there were no events surrounding this."
Salty af

Mihoshika

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »
I'm all for the change... But is there a date when it will happen? I feel like it's a bit pointless, especially for a newcomer, to even play, as it will all be wiped away. I know, it'll still be in Pern, but I'm not at the point where I can build anything that looks as fabulous as what some of the rich sempais have built.

Migas

• Founder
  • I am Migas, the Portuguese Guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 09:53:53 PM »
I'm all for the change... But is there a date when it will happen? I feel like it's a bit pointless, especially for a newcomer, to even play, as it will all be wiped away. I know, it'll still be in Pern, but I'm not at the point where I can build anything that looks as fabulous as what some of the rich sempais have built.

That's understandable. We have poll you can vote ;) -- http://sentinelcraft.net/forum/index.php?topic=6445.msg36705;topicseen#new
Dedication is a key factor to reach your goals.

Shay

• Donator
  • Its better to try and fail, than fail to try!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »
Think about it miho, at least everyone will start off the same, of course players who have fly and some other commands will have an advantage but for the most part, its a fresh start :)

So many spelling errors >_> XD
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:47:17 PM by Shay »
I believe success is earned by failure, one who has never failed, has never tried <3
الفشل يؤدي إلى النجاح!

Mihoshika

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
Again, I'm ALL FOR IT. I just want to know WHEN it will happen, which was put to a poll after I made my comment. My point was that it's pointless to play until AFTER the change.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:21:50 PM by Mihoshika »

Shay

• Donator
  • Its better to try and fail, than fail to try!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
You have a valid point, lucky im busy at school, but as the pern is getting kept you might as well make something nice to look back on
I believe success is earned by failure, one who has never failed, has never tried <3
الفشل يؤدي إلى النجاح!

Zynthio

• Donator
  • mew mew mew
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 12:46:08 AM »
You should just update Towny yourselves? Which you should have done instead of waiting.  If you don't know how to do that, I know a guy.

Edit: But if you just want to get rid of Towny altogether, I guess that's alright too. 
If you do keep towny, I propose adding some extra restrictions for making new ones.  In order to prevent 200 single-player towns from being created.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:51:18 AM by Zynthio »
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."