Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter youtube rss

Author Topic: Global Railway [WIP]  (Read 5489 times)

Joseph - Josephasimpson03

• Donator
    • View Profile
Global Railway [WIP]
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:18:39 AM »
Hello all! I am pleased to publicly announce the global railway; This newly built (and work in progress) railway will be a new way to travel.

While it's a WIP, I'm going to answer some FAQs and EAQs (expected asked questions)... (Ask your own down below)

Why the railway?
The goal is to connect most parts of the Horizon world all together with a simple and inexpensive (for the user) travel system...

Why not use tp or warp signs
TPing or Warping is amazing.. even using /sethome to bookmark places is cool... TPing only works if you're trying to get to a specific person and not place; Warping requires you to pay a specific amount of money per warp. /sethome is exclusive for people who don't already have places bookmarked.

Is there any use for warping to and from the stations
Our goal is to also use warp for things such as connecting houses to stations, Horizon stations to Kattalox stations (if that's a thing we can do), or so and and so forth. Rails will be primary but we might use other tools too,

What else will be added to the Global Railway stations?
Beds, Food, etc. Generally good things to have for traveling people

Is it High Speed?
The Railway is 100% Powered Tracks

Where will the stations be?
We currently have four stations, and are looking into adding more.

What can I do to help?
By donating materials (Iron, Gold, Tools, Food, etc) and in game money to JosephASimpson03 (Please DM me on the forms if you want to help)

Where are the current stations located
Station #1 - -185,64,-315
Station #2 - -181,64,-216
Station #3 -  320,64,322
Station #4 -  -619, 64, 2429

What will it cost?
For the first few weeks (after it's fully open), it will be free; Our goal is then to ask for a few nuggets of some type or just simple payment (We're presently looking into the logistics of this).

Will you recruit any staff?
Maybe. We will take volunteers at anytime though (we will log this to the admin team if you volunteer, and they would likely see it as a good deed which I believe helps them in considering who deserves positions and whatnot).

What do you need volunteers for
I'd like redstone experts, people to mine tunnels, scouters (people to look for and plan the next few spots), and people to mine or buy materials to donate to us!

How do you plan on protecting it from griefers?
We will rebuild it and use community reporting to make sure nothing suspicious is going on.

PLEASE LET US KNOW DOWN BELOW ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, AND CONCERNS (INCLUDING PLACES FOR POSSIBLE STATIONS)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:09:42 PM by Joseph - Josephasimpson03 »

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
Re: Global Railway [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
Eventhough I will never make use of it, I like that you're thinking of other people and that not everyone has access to warps.
Only question I have for you is how do you plan on protecting it from griefers?

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 05:01:39 AM »
Eventhough I will never make use of it, I like that you're thinking of other people and that not everyone has access to warps.
Only question I have for you is how do you plan on protecting it from griefers?

I will report to admins (as normal) and either use the generated fares or take a personal in-game monetary loss to support re-building efforts. We (if we can get an admin to give us a child board on everything else) will take reports on suspicious activity or issues with the rails.

Fjerreiro

• Emperor of Incendium
  • Donator
  • ~Lex Talionis~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 07:38:40 AM »
Okay, but it is your own responsibility to protect the buildings you have. Either with Towny or GriefPrevention.
Especially with a ''global'' build there is a chance your railway might be griefed everyday. Normally staff will roll it back a couple of times but if the owner of the building doesn't take appropriate steps (claiming the building) we won't do a roll back anymore.

01. No Griefing.
        - a. Griefing includes adding to other builds, removing from other builds, and general dickery.
         - b. Griefing is against the rules, we use a plugin to reduce the occurance, but it is still against the rules.
         - c. You must claim things that you want protected.
         - d. Circumventing the protections of another player is bannable.
         - e. Needlessly destroying the landscape. We all play here, lets take care of the world.
         - f. If you trust people into your claims it is your responsibility. Choose wisely.
         - g. If you have the ability to claim, do so. We won't handle every grief case because you were too lazy to claim.

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:54:48 AM »
Okay, but it is your own responsibility to protect the buildings you have. Either with Towny or GriefPrevention.
Especially with a ''global'' build there is a chance your railway might be griefed everyday. Normally staff will roll it back a couple of times but if the owner of the building doesn't take appropriate steps (claiming the building) we won't do a roll back anymore.

01. No Griefing.
        - a. Griefing includes adding to other builds, removing from other builds, and general dickery.
         - b. Griefing is against the rules, we use a plugin to reduce the occurance, but it is still against the rules.
         - c. You must claim things that you want protected.
         - d. Circumventing the protections of another player is bannable.
         - e. Needlessly destroying the landscape. We all play here, lets take care of the world.
         - f. If you trust people into your claims it is your responsibility. Choose wisely.
         - g. If you have the ability to claim, do so. We won't handle every grief case because you were too lazy to claim.

I am aware of that. When I said report, I was referring to reporting the player who does it (I'm not going to ask them to rollback). Like I said -- I'll be using the fares to pay for repairs and maybe even take some of my own In game money to pay to fix it.

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
  • #BugsyForAdminNinjaForMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »
Cool idea - makes me think of the adopt-a-highway/sponsor-a-highway programs. You could ask players to volunteer to claim a portion of the railway and they'd be responsible for upkeeping that section.

calvinpijn

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
Nice idea. When the railway comes near my town/our towns, we should seriously consider to connect the towns to the railway system. I am down to make a train station for it, if that?s the case!

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 12:23:28 AM »
There's not really a way to claim the railway in kattalox though if it runs between towns

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 01:10:24 AM »
There's not really a way to claim the railway in kattalox though if it runs between towns

Towns will need to simply punish their members (maybe tax them extra) if they destroy the railroad. I do support the idea of including in towny, the thing is... I'd need funding from all of the mayors involved.

bugsy12

• Senior Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 01:56:57 AM »
I meant the railway sections in-between towns that isn't claimed.

I think you might also have a hard time getting support from some mayors because /t spawn is always an option and some mayor's collect money that way.

I still think the idea is cool, I think you're better off starting in horizon and depending on its success/popularity look at expanding into kattalox. Building one in horizon on its own will already be a plenty big project
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:03:32 AM by bugsy12 »

calvinpijn

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 07:10:03 AM »
At least mayors could claim a part of the railway system. The station for sure, and maybe some nearby plots as well. Mayors are responsible for that part! But as you said, that would be a future thing.

Aatif

• Donator
  • Still the same :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »
I like bugsy's idea that people volunteer to keep a part the railway clean and as new. Also I might volunteer for mining and other stuff too :) Good Luck with everything xan! :D

Nick The Builder

• Perspective makes any build a beautiful creation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »
yesh this is a cool idea! now i can do railway service checks when i'm not doing anything :D
- Your friendly builder, Nick. Visit Coari Crossing, The Gateway to The Kattalox Southwest! </t spawn Coari Crossing>

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »
I like bugsy's idea that people volunteer to keep a part the railway clean and as new. Also I might volunteer for mining and other stuff too :) Good Luck with everything xan! :D

Thanks for the luck! I'm going to need it! If me and you are on at the same time, please remind me!

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »
Cool idea - makes me think of the adopt-a-highway/sponsor-a-highway programs. You could ask players to volunteer to claim a portion of the railway and they'd be responsible for upkeeping that section.

Not a bad idea..